I came across this blog on Mindful Digressions Page and realized a Step-by-Step Guide with Images might be useful for other beginners in the blogging world. Hence, here comes the post..
There is a Long Version for the newbie friends and the Short Version for my dear Geeky friends.
The Short version of this:
WordPress has a secret treat hidden for you.
Append “/?random” at the end of your homepage and it spins out a random post.
The Long Version with Images:
- A WordPress Account (The most Essential Component)
- A Theme with Sidebar (Or other similar provision for including Widgets. It can also be added to a permanent page or post, but it is really cool to have in the sidebar.. 😉 )
- An image to double as Spinner (A spin wheel or something that gels with your theme of Blog)
- Open your Blog Homepage and note down the address link to this page.
- From Home page Click on My Sites > Customize.
- Click on the Widgets Section of the page.
- Choose your Widget area of the Spinner Wheel.
- Click on Add a Widget at the bottom of the expanded section.
- Search and add the Image Widget in the pop up.
In case, the image is stored in your system, the complete location of your image is the URL. Eg: D:\Blog\Image.jpg
- The Image Link URL holds the trick of the spinner wheel.
Here, paste your homepage address and add “/?random” at the end.
My homepage address is https://aadhira.wordpress.com and hence my Link URL is “https://aadhira.wordpress.com/?random”
- Now, close the Widget, and Click on Save & Publish.
- Voila!, you have added the Spinner to your Sidebar.. Hooray!!
Now, Add this link anywhere you wish, in a sticky post, Welcome Page, About Me page, Or anywhere you could and give a spin to those wonderful posts of yours. Surprise me with further ideas on this!!
First record your views in the comments section below And then don’t forget to click on my little pond for more ripples.. 😉